Crab meat is a regular menu in many luxurious food and dining establishments all over the world. Why else does a seafood distributor never missed to include these crustacean products in their business? Well, apart from its naturally delicious quality, crabs have great nutritional elements that are good for everyone’s health. Here are the top health benefits of eating crabs below.
Promotion of Healthy Teeth and Bones
- Contains high Calcium and Phosphorus that strengthen the bones and teeth.
- Great for people who are at risk of developing osteoporosis.
- Fully-cooked crab recipe promotes proper bone development of fetus and reduces the tendency of calcium depreciation among pregnant women.
- Excellent calcium supply for individuals at old-age.
Protection of the Heart
- Contains great amount of Omega-3 fatty acids which are good for the heart.
- Help normalize cholesterol levels and blood pressure when consumed at recommended amounts.
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases like atherosclerosis and stroke.
Improving Mental Health
- Loaded with nutrients such as selenium, copper, omega-3 fatty acids, and B vitamins that are required for optimum brain health.
- Improve cognitive functions including mental concentration as well as memory.
- Great for elders with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.
Boosting the Immune System
- Rich in antioxidants that improve immunity to many types of diseases.
- The antioxidants counteract the free-radicals preventing cell mutation and eliminate cancer cells.
- Contains selenium and riboflavin which are the primary minerals responsible for boosting the immune system according to studies.
Increasing blood formation and circulation
- 56 times greater in copper than in seafood like salmon.
- Copper helps in the development and absorption of iron, thus crab meat is great for normal blood circulation and red blood cells formation.
- Promotes healing and cellular growth in many injurious events.
Best Seafood Distributor in Detroit
What are you looking for a crab and other seafood products? Is it the quality, freshness, or nutrient content? Is it the state-of-art packaging or cost-efficiency? At Northern Lakes, we got it all covered for you. We’re the finest Seafood Distributor in the city of Detroit that provides all your meat and seafood demands. We’llbe happy to entertain your inquiries. Call us today at 313-368-2500.